We are extremely excited to offer students an updated space, the Innovation Center, to create, collaborate, learn, build, and demolish.
This improved space includes these rooms:
- Maker Lab
- Media Lab (This houses the 3D printer lab and Green Screen movie-making studio.)
- Build/Demolish Lab
- Collaboration Lab (aka "Lions Learning Lab - L3")
- an exit door to the Outdoor Learning Center
- Library with over 5,000 items in circulation.
What you may see happening if you came by our Innovation Center (a.k.a. the "IC"):
Students and Teachers...
- creating circuits with LittleBits electronics or Makey-Makey kits
- printing items on one of our 3D printers
- constructing items out of different materials (duct tape, cardboard, Legos, 3D pens, pipe cleaners, construction paper and more...)
- taking apart old technology to see what's inside and sometimes re-purposing it
- recording movies in front of a green screen with advanced movie-studio equipment or just an iPad
- working in groups at whiteboard tables
- collaborating with Chromebooks and a flat screen TV
- using an interactive 65 in. touch-screen SMART panel to work on group projects
- making hands-on items like cardboard automata, super cool wind tunnels, weather-proof house models, etc...
- heading to the Outdoor Learning Center to begin a group session on plants, soil, the uses of a greenhouse and aquaponics facility, etc...
- computer coding on an iPad with one of two DASH robots to accomplish a task/goal