- The students will be given the opportunity to learn about the purpose of art in a believer’s life
- The student will be given the opportunity to learn about art history, famous artists and art styles.
- The student will be given the opportunity to produce artworks and learn art techniques
- We incorporate writing, music, etiquette, and biblical world view into art lessons.
- Additional activities are available for students who finish projects.
- Kindergarten: 40 minutes week
- Grades 1 – 6: 40 minutes per week
- Grades 7 & 8: 45 minutes twice a week for one semester
- High School: 230 minutes per week for two semesters
- 1 required credit toward graduation
K-6: Central Christian Academy’s art curriculum is centered around a yearly theme for grades K-6 designed to give a broad exposure to art history, art styles, and artists integrating a Biblical world view.
Middle/High School: Art curriculum is centered on learning specific art skills and producing quality artworks that express individual skills, styles, and producing quality artworks that express individual skills, styles, and personal growth while learning to communicate a Biblical world view.
The art curriculum at CCA is broken down developmentally into specific areas of production techniques, knowledge of art concepts, art history, and cultural diversity permeated by a biblical world view.
Areas to be evaluated
K-HS: Evaluations are based on the student following directions, exhibiting proper tool usage, using good craftsmanship, completing projects on time, and incorporating curriculum objective.